31 December 2012

Well. We've Almost Survived 2012!

All dressed up.. Via Instagram
So it's the final hours of 2012, a year of abysmal weather, a drenched Diamond Jubilee, a surprisingly successful Olympic and Paralympic games and a failure of an End of The World.

As a reflection, the year hasn't been the most exciting - I haven't done anything particularly worth noting, in my real life or my blog, but this year has been one of fixing myself. After the frankly traumatic ending of 2011, in which I 'left' university, moved out of London and lost a lot of people who I loved, 2012 was the year I was going to get out of depression and find new meaning in my life. I'm proud of myself to say that I have "overcome" the depression - and I've come out the other side with a fresh outlook on the future!

It terms of the blog and my sewing, it's been a year of progression.



I finally learned how to hand embroider, got around to making a Vintage Vogue pattern, finally stood in front of a camera after getting over my full-body-camera-phobia and FINALLY got a new sewing machine for my 21st birthday!

But most importantly - my sewing has come along so well! After years of being bad at sewing and never being impressed or satisfied with the garments I've made, I can now look at proudly.

Like last year, I've sorted out some sewing goals for the year ahead! [let's hope I actually remember them this year, let alone keep them!]

  • Stop being scared of colour
  • Use more patterns in fabric - other than polkadots!
  • Get out of my comfort zone - something that isn't a full skirt, using more buttons, lapped zippers etc
  • Get better with pattern cutting
  • Use more commercial patterns
  • Get better with photography
  • Get better with blog updating
  • Start using Sew Weekly and Sew Retro
  • Take over the world.
As you can see, achievable goals!

For now, I want to thank all my followers, all my commenters, viewers and everyone who has been so kind to be and Bourbon and Bras this year!

I hope the new year brings me you and you closer; but more importantly I wish you a happy and safe New Years eve, and an even better 2013!

From me, Jack and my new bra, Bourbon and Bras wishes you all the best for the year ahead!

Yeah. This happened.

Melody ♪

1 comment:

  1. Well done for overcoming such hard moments in your life, it's one of the hardest things to do. Glad you're a lot happier now! Looking forward to seeing more of your great creations! XxxX http://thesecondhandrose.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...