7 January 2017

Snapshots of Tokyo

Happy New Year, loves!

I wanted to start 2017 on a good note and show off a few photos from the biggest highlight of my 2016 - I went to motherflippin' TOKYO.

Shibuya Crossing - The busiest crossing in the world!
Depending on how long you've known me, you may or may not know that in my very early teens I became obsessed with Japanese music and fashion, and it had been a dream for the longest time that I would go there.

So I was pretty excited when I got to go to Tokyo for a week with work to be on the Japan Shop Channel - Yeah. Not only did I go to Japan, I just happened to be on live Japanese TV too.

This is an actual screen grab of me being cheesy on actual TV.
My life is bloody brilliant!

I was there for a week and spent most of time around Takeshita Street/Harajuku/Shibuya, but I wanted to show you a few photos of my new favourite place in the world

This was just a cute place in Kayabacho, where I stayed.
Adorable Tokyo Station exclusive Hello Kitty - She's a train driver!

Sake barrels outside the Meiji Shrine in Harajuku 
Takeshita Street in Harajuku - where all the amazing Japanese Street Fashion brands are!
Ginormous Train Driver Pikachu in the Tokyo Station Pokémon Store!

Votives with thanks and wishes at Meiji Jingu
I'm not even sure what these were but it made a cute photo
A traditional wedding at Meiji Jingu - the kimonos were just too beautiful!!
The gigantic 1:1 scale Gundam at Odaiba. Odaiba is a man-made island off Tokyo that is mostly named after Pokémon towns. Yeah.

Ah damn, this post has made me miss it so much - I can't wait to go back again next month!

Have you ever been? Tell me your favourite places!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips